I am a huge believer in maximizing the use of any tool. Never underestimate your DustBuster and the countless uses it can have. Not only do I use it in the kitchen after sweeping up, the fact that it is light and easily portable lends to the versatility.
NEVER throw out your old Dustbuster, if you upgrade, just move the old one to another location in your house. We now have a Dustbuster on each floor of the house making quick cleanups easier because I don’t have to run to another floor just to retrieve it. I even have one of my oldest machines in my classroom for emergencies. As long as you remember to empty it and give the filter a good cleaning, it last years. I use an old toothbrush on the filter for a more thorough cleaning.
- Use it to clean your stairs. Wrestling with your large vacuum even if it has separate hose attachment can be exhausting.
- Bring it outside to spot clean your outdoor cushions and door mats. The brush attachment is particularly helpful for the cushions.
- A dustbuster is very kid friendly, perfect size and weight for the kids to help with the chores. I sweep my kitchen and leave piles in the corners and it is up to one of my children to vacuum them away.
- The dustbuster is a great tool for giving your car a quick clean if you don’t have time for a visit to the carwash. Not only does it clean your carpets and mats, it is perfect for getting beach sand or cookie crumbs off the seats the extending nozzle if wonderful for getting under the seats and all the nooks and crannies.
- My bathroom is cleaner now that I have a dustbuster upstairs. Often as I’m getting ready for work I will use it to get the dust bunnies off the floor and under the radiators. Since it is nearby, I’m much more likely to use it.
- The brush attachment is perfect for running along windowsills, blinds, on top of or underneath the radiator and getting rid of the dust.
- The brush is also great for getting the dust off of lampshades.
- If you keep a dustbuster in your basement or playroom your children will be more likely to clean up messes themselves. This is even more likely to happen if they don’t want you to know there was a mess that needed to be cleaned up in the first place!
- The nozzle extender is good for cleaning out the inside of the dryer vent.
- Using the brush works well on the kick plate of your fridge and the nozzle extender reaches a bit underneath. If you have young kids it is also a good idea to run a yardstick under the fridge for hidden treasures.
- Your younger children can spot clean to get the “big pieces” for a quick cleanup. Kids can also take care of all those crumbs that manage to get under the couch cushions.
- Since it can extend a bit it helps reach cobwebs and dust that hide above the windows and on window valances without needing a step stool.