Recently, Juggling Mother was nominated by Amanda of Maple Alps, a lovely lifestyle blog, for a Liebster Award!
Many thanks, Amanda!
What is a Liebster Award?
The Liebster is an online “award” for bloggers by bloggers to help find new blogs and for your blog to be found. It’s a great way to share some love and recognize hard work in the blogging community.
There are a few rules associated with the Liebster award:
- Thank the blog that nominated you and link back to them
- Nominate up to 11 bloggers to receive the award next
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated you
- Tell readers 11 random facts about yourself
- Give your new nominees questions to answer about themselves when they post their nomination
My Q&A from Amanda:
What is your favorite hot drink?
Coffee, very light with no sugar and every once in a while a little Kahlua
What is your process while writing a new blog post?
Before starting, I made a long list of possible blog topics (to be sure I had enough). I pick a few each week and work on them whenever I can. I am a compulsive editor, so it takes me about 2 weeks to decide a post is finally “ready” to publish.
Why did you start your blog?
I love having a new project, especially one that will teach me more. The amount I have learned in the past few months is incredible and I still know oh so little about the blogging, promoting, coding process. I have always loved to write and now I found somewhere to put it!
Is there a story behind your blog name?
My blog title is a very literal story. I am a mother of four, I teach full time and usually have some part time gigs as well. I’m always juggling many people, jobs and projects at once = Juggling Mother!
If your life were to have a theme song, what would it be and why?
One song? – impossible!! I love so many: Don’t Stop (Fleetwood Mac), Stronger (Kelly Clarkson), You’ve Got a Friend (Carole King), The stuff that Dreams are Made Of (Carly Simon)
Do you play any instruments?
I can still play a few songs on the recorder that I still have from third grade!
Where do you find the most inspiration?
Literally everywhere, everyday. Many posts evolve from conversations I have with people. These people are friends at work, my colorist or sometimes someone on the grocery store line.
Name a place on your bucket list you haven’t visited yet.
I would love to visit a fabulous castle in Ireland or Scotland.
Would you change your first name if you could? To what?
Not at all! There were very few girls named Gloria growing up. I like that my mom picked a unique name for me and all my siblings as well.
What is one thing you never travel without?
It was always a book or three. Now I have a magazine and countless books on my Kindle app. My iPad is never far away either!
If you could do anything for 24 hours, what would you do?
Hike up a fabulous hillside like in the Sound of Music, I would probably sing all the songs while doing it!!
11 Random Facts about me
- Flowers blooming in spring make me ridiculously happy. The first Crocus I see puts a smile on my face all day!
- In college I was on the bike team and won the neatest room and phantom roommate of the year awards for rarely being there!
- I enjoy baking cookies, cheesecake, rainbow cookies and more but then I try not to eat it all – children can be handy for this type of problem.
- I do not like walking around barefoot – only at the beach.
- I love paddle boarding. I go out alone with my headphones on and sing out loud the whole time.
- Now that I am tall enough to go on all the roller coasters, I do! I’ve gone to amusement parks alone twice so I could ride the rides over and over. My friend was working the first time and my kids and husband were watching TV at the hotel the second time.
- When I retire, I would like to live in a new city or town each year for several years.
- I love new school supplies all year long, I’m addicted to colored pens, pencils and markers.
- I require very little sleep and I’m usually up before five am.
- I am claustrophobic and the older I get the worse it has gotten.
- I learned calligraphy in 6th grade and still use it all the time.
Here are the New Bloggers I’ve nominated…please be sure to check out their blogs:
OK, Nominees, your turn! Here are your 11 new questions:
What country were your born in?
Are you an animal lover? If so, what kind?
Is blogging what you thought it would be?
How many cars have you owned?
What is your favorite dessert?
How many hours a week do you devote to your blogging?
Would you rather play a sport or watch one, which sport?
What is a favorite childhood memory?
Which Social Media is your favorite and why?
What is the most dangerous, daredevil activity you have ever tried?
What is the longest job you have ever held?