Have you maxed out all the built in features on your phone? Do you use just a few apps but never really got around to using some others? This list can help! Let your phone become your personal assistant.
Besides just a phone with texting & email, my phone is also my:
- Calendar with appointments and reminders and is synched with my family. You know where you need to be and everyone else as well.
- My daily and weekly TTD List (things to do) with Reminders, which is synched with my iPad. I edit and create my lists in the morning on my iPad and then refer to my reminders on my phone throughout the day.
- Notepad with over 100 lists of very important information and lists of things I need to know and remember. It’s a great place to copy paste some info you found or to compose a long text before sending. Some favorites lists are Holiday shopping, menus and gift giving lists (so I remember what I gave people last year), my favorite exercises for when I need inspiration, books I want to read and that have been recommended, items to sell on Craigslist, travel ideas and recommendations and the ongoing Handyman list for my husband.
- Map & GPS – I am never lost or unsure about where I am going anymore. My map app will get me there using the quickest route and I can even use the satellite view to see where the parking lot is located. Avoiding a major traffic problem is priceless, check the map before you even leave the house.
- Address book with everything you need and more! I will never have to re-write my address book again! I have names, companies, all contact phone numbers, emails, address, birthdays, spouse & kid’s names, notes, website links and social links.
- Calculator when needed and scientific calculator when needed for my kids. Its so much easier to add the tip and split the bill five ways when you have your phone!
- Internet connection – the world at your fingertips, store hours and locations, restaurant menus, news updates, there is nothing you can’t find out with a bit of research.
- Music player with Bluetooth or headphones, plays in the car and the backyard with speakers. Having music everywhere you go is fabulous! Turn your old phone into a dedicated music player.
- Alarm clock, timer, stopwatch, world clock. Set multiple timers and repeat them for weekdays, weekends or a custom schedule. Customize your alarm sounds.
- Library at my fingertips, Kindle, iBook’s, Free Books and more. Never waste time sitting in a doctor’s office or standing on line. Read a book instead!
- Camera, photo album, videos – share with everyone immediately!
- Siri – so many uses although she is not always hearing you correctly. I have googled lists for Siri commands to get more ideas for how she can be useful.
- Weather forecast and radar map – so helpful to be able to check exactly how far away the rain is before you leave the house.
- Face Time – fun to do with kids and new babies. It is also useful so that you can see exactly where your teenagers are and what they are doing.
- Newsfeeds – never be uninformed or out of touch (unless you want to be).
- QR Reader & Barcode scanners – always nice to get more info or save more money on the spot!
- APPS: news, stock market, social, games, fitness apps, anything that you want. There always seems to be an app for that.
- Texting – SO many reason but also good for store and restaurant coupons on the spot!
- This is just the short list really, there is so much more!! How is your phone your assistant?
For more phone uses, you may also like:
Managing your Family with Photos – Improve your communication with your children.
Phone Tricks – Learn how to maximize your calendar to help organize you and improve your memory.
I would never leave home without my iPhone, I’m sure there are many of you that feel the same. I would leave the room for a while but I can’t be too far from my phone because I now depend on it to help me be more organized.
What do you use your phone for? Please share in a comment!
(Visited 24 times, 1 visits today)